ALLERGY FOR EGGS: SYMPTOMS, DIAGNOSTICS, METHODS OF TREATMENT.
Allergy is one of the most unpleasant manifestations of the body’s defensive reaction. Depending on the sensitivity of specific bodies, it can occur on any of the food products, including the most popular ones, such as eggs. Often this is associated not only with the genetic predisposition of the body and weakened immunity, but also with the deterioration of the environmental situation as a whole.
Table of contents:
- Allergy Risk Factors
- Signs and symptoms of egg allergy
- Why is an allergy considered dangerous?
- What foods can not be eaten with allergies to eggs
- Drug treatment for allergies
Signs and symptoms of egg allergy may not occur immediately. Sometimes a similar phenomenon develops in humans after several years as a result of prolonged negative impact of factors of the internal and external environment.
The egg is considered one of the most complex in terms of the chemical composition of animal products. Due to the large number of different nutrients and proteins, this product can cause allergic manifestations of varying degrees of intensity.
Most often, experts note an increased sensitivity in many patients of different ages to ovalbumin and ovomucoid contained in the eggs. Also, specific activity of immune cells is provoked by lysozyme and conalbumin, which are also present in eggs in high quantities.
The main allergen in this food product is albumin protein, due to which the binding of molecules in living organisms occurs. Once in the patient’s stomach, it provokes the active production of antibodies.
Experts note that boiled eggs provoke fewer symptoms of allergies. In addition, some types of product, such as quail eggs, are considered safe and affordable in small quantities even because they cannot tolerate egg whites.
ALLERGY RISK FACTORS
There are several negative factors that doctors classify as dangerous, capable of provoking the body to develop an allergic reaction to foods that previously did not cause difficulties in use.
These risk factors include:
- atopic dermatological pathologies;
- genetic predisposition. If the parent has an allergy to eggs in adulthood, then later the child can also acquire a similar reaction of the body;
- bad habits. Alcohol and tobacco are poisons for the body, which expends a large amount of its energy to combat regular intoxication. In some cases, the immune system weakens so much that it begins to perceive habitual products as allergens;
- decrease in immunity as a result of past diseases, surgical interventions, constant stress, hormonal changes in the body (transitional age, pregnancy, menopause);
- childhood. The forming organism is very sensitive to various kinds of active substances and can react with allergic manifestations to any harmless dish containing eggs.
The presence of one or more of the factors listed above may contribute to the development of food allergies, which were not previously observed in a particular clinical case.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGY IN EGGS
An allergic reaction to eggs can occur immediately or occur after repeated use of this food product in food. The body’s immune response can have dangerous consequences.
In order to prevent further deterioration, it is important to know what signs and symptoms accompany an allergic attack:
- Manifestations on the skin:
- small itchy rashes; local redness of the skin;
- peeling of the upper layer of the epidermis;
- The reaction of the organs of vision:
- redness of the eyes due to edema and vasodilation;
- itching in the eyes, sensation of a foreign body, “sand”;
- Manifestations of the respiratory system:
- nasal congestion;
- itching in the nasal cavity;
- swelling of the respiratory tract;
- difficulty breathing due to swelling of the mucous membranes;
- shortness of breath;
- Quincke’s edema;
- Manifestations of the nervous system:
- trembling hands;
- noise in ears;
- drowsiness, lethargy;
- anaphylactic shock;
If any of the signs appears, consult a doctor immediately.
WHY ALLERGY IS CONSIDERED DANGEROUS
The item’s resistant answer in the formation of an supersensitised answer buoy be extremely unsafe representing the patient’s wellness and being. The hardest affair to cope with is Quincke’s oedema – a extremely swiftly growing bump. It buoy be discovered in the visage, cervix, lymph knots, respiratory territory.
During Quincke’s hydrops, the resigned ballplayer feeling how his epidermis is easy extending. At the equivalent age, the epidermis desire develop several sunglasses – from colourless pink to crimson, patch turn to beam extremely even. This sort of hydrops is extremely unsafe, because in extension to bump of the visage, thither is a draggy puzzle in existing. Whether a resigned with these evidence is not instantly activated, so he ballplayer die of hypoxia.
In extension to hydrops, thither is a risk of growing supersensitive anaphylactic jar. It happens as a effect of organise interplay of resistant chamber with the patient’s skittish process. As a effect, the sensitiveness of the item grows importantly, which guide to undisciplined effect. The primary mark of anaphylactic jar are: a acute breakthrough in item temperature, rigorous misery in the cavity, emesis, bump of the secretion membrane of the spoken gap, a meaningful droplet in gore strength. Slowly, with anaphylactic jar, bump of the bronchi and larynx modernise, causation complication respiring. Staying in this country representing a continued age guide to dying.
When the first signs of an allergy appear, you need to contact an allergist to undergo special medical tests that will reveal the presence of the body’s immune response to any product. In order to determine what exactly caused the allergy, the doctor conducts the following diagnostic methods:
- a thorough examination of the patient;
- a survey, history taking;
- identification laboratory tests for specific allergens.
Thanks to precise modern devices and active substances, the doctor in a fairly short time determines what triggered the food allergy and adjusts the daily menu so that the product giving such a negative reaction is maximally eliminated from the diet.
WHAT PRODUCTS CANNOT BE AT AN ALLERGY FOR EGGS
Eggs, both chicken and pepepelin, as well as their lyophilisates, are part of a large number of food products. They are a necessary component for many dishes, they contain a lot of fatty acids and other chemicals useful to the body. Those who suffer from egg allergies should refrain from the following foods, as they may contain egg components or egg proteins:
- bakery products;
- breadcrumbs for breading;
- delicious types of coffee;
- meat rolls, meatballs, meatballs;
- dressings for second courses or cold salads;
- ice cream.
The main treatment for allergies is the partial or complete exclusion of a provoking factor from the daily diet. In some cases, doctors also recommend removing any chicken dishes from the menu for the recovery period.
MEDICINAL TREATMENT OF ALLERGY IN EGGS
Treatment with the help of pharmacological preparations is prescribed by the doctor, in accordance with the intensity of the manifestation of allergy symptoms, the age of the patient and the individual characteristics of the patient’s body. It is impossible to completely get rid of the allergy that has arisen, the patient will have to limit himself in the use of products containing eggs and egg whites. Medications are used mainly to stop the signs of allergy during the acute stage.
During the entire course, which lasts approximately two weeks, the patient needs to not only take the prescribed medications, but also carefully monitor the daily regimen and composition of the daily menu. A careful attitude to your health will help to avoid further signs of egg allergy. With proper nutrition in the future, this product can even be eaten in small quantities.